Can Mold Make People Sick?

Q. Can mold make people sick?

A. Excessive mold spores indoors can trigger allergic reactions, breathing disorders, and asthma attacks. Mold spores can become elevated indoors when mold grows on surfaces or when insufficient ventilation or filtration is available to remove mold that comes in from outdoors. Mold can cause adverse health effects, whether the mold is alive or dead. This is the reason why mold growth should be cleaned up by professionals. If microscopic mold spores are spread throughout the indoors, people can react long after mold is improperly removed.


Advertisements

2 Responses to “Can Mold Make People Sick?”

  1. Canada's Restoration Services Says:

    Mold can make you sick. The type of reaction and severity can be different from one individual to another depending on the type of mold one is exposed to and the intensity and extent of that expose.
    Those who are most susceptible to mold are: children, elderly, pregnant women, individuals with asthma, allergies to mold or weekend immune systems. Heath Canada reports that the most common symptoms of mold exposure as:
    Eye, nose and throat irritation;
    Coughing and phlegm build-up;
    Wheezing and shortness of breath;
    Allergic reactions; and
    Worsens the symptoms of asthma


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: