2. Vent gas-burning stoves, dryers, and other appliances to the outdoors.
4. Control indoor relative humidity (preferably between 35% and 60%)
5. Have your home checked for radon and lead (if built before 1978).
6. Install and run exhaust fans in the kitchen and bathroom. Make sure they are vented to the outdoors, not the attic space.
7. Open windows and use extra exhaust fans when you’re working with paints or chemicals indoors.
8. Store paints and chemicals in well sealed containers away from heat. Purge the home of old products.
9. Don’t idle your car in an attached garage.
10. Make sure the attic space is appropriately ventilated. If you see mold or discoloration on the roof deck, hire a qualified mold inspection company.